Monday, April 13, 2009

Moderating the Blog

I have changed this blog to moderate comments before they are posted. I did not do this lightly or without careful consideration, and I do it with some reluctance.

The purpose of this blog is to solicit a broad base of input to a process which is affecting our entire organization and the campus we serve. It is not to provide a forum for anonymous personal attacks. I will withhold comments that are demeaning or intimidating to specific individuals. All other comments and questions will be posted promptly. (NOTE: The comments that have been posted to date would all have been posted under this standard.)

I will continue to allow anonymous posts so that people who wish to express relevant opinions will have a place to speak, even if they do not they wish to be identified. I believe it is important to offer that option. I do not want the fact that the blog is moderated to have a chilling affect on its legitimate use to express opinions, so please continue to submit your questions, comments or suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had to do that, but glad you did. There was nothing helpful in that type of commentary.

    It was reported from AGRSSR that the master list of potential materials' cuts would be posted here. Will that be done soon?

    ReplyDelete